Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) with funding from the Conrad. N. Hilton Foundation is implementing “Inclusive Youth Livelihoods program and Early Childhood Development Opportunities project” across the five divisions of Kampala namely, Makindye, Rubaga, Nakawa, Central and Kawempe. NRC therefore calls upon youths between the ages of 15 to 35 years to apply for existing short term non-residential vocational skills training opportunities that will beconducted at the existing community-based training centres in each division.
Below are the courses (please pick not more than 2 courses
|1||Hair dressing, beauty therapy (including pedicure, manicure, message)|
|2||Bakery and confectionary (making of cakes, snacks etc)|
|3||Tailoring and fashion design/garment cutting|
|7||Decorations and events management|
|8||Welding and metal fabrication|
|9||Electronics installations and repairs (including solar installation)|
|10||Graphics, and web designing|
|11||Book Making (counter books and exercise books)|
|13||Making of bags, shoes, wallets etc|
|14||Knitting and embroidery|
|15||Making of tomato sauce|
|16||Making of toilet paper|
Youth male and female with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Must be a refugee or Ugandan youth residing within the five divisions of Kampala and Kampala Metropolitan areas.
- Must be in the age bracket of 15- 35 years.
- Must have been out of school for more than three consecutive school terms or has not been to school but is interested in acquiring any of the vocational skills included above
- Must avail themselves for the training duration of 6 months minimum without being interrupted in order to qualify for certification/graduation.
- Youths that fall in the following vulnerability catergories; un accomponied minor, child headed households, child Mother/father, orphan, person with disability, ex-combatant, single parents, women at risk, survivor of GBV are highly encouraged to apply.
- Must have not attended any of these skills before with any other partner/institution.
- Must be a resident within the five divisions of Kampala
- Should be able to provide a copy of identification documents i.e National IDs for Ugandans and attestation card for refugees.
Application forms are available at any of the following NRC Access Centre/points; Nsambya Access Centre, Kabusu Access Centre and at ICLA Centres of Kawempe,Ndejje, Lukuli, and Kisenyi. Fill the application form and attach a copy of your refugee ID or family attestation for the refugees and a national ID for the Ugandans. Filled application forms should be submitted at any of the NRC access Centres/points indicated above.
Please note: only youth that are out of school and currently not engaged in any other skills
training opportunities are encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal-opportunity organization. Persons with disability, women and girls are highly
encouraged to apply.
This opportunity is open to both refugees and Ugandans
Deadline for submitting in fully filled forms is October 21, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Note: NRC DOES NOT CHARGE MONEY FOR SERVICES OFFERED. APPLICATION IS FREE